Access Control And SecurityRead more
CCTV SystemsRead more
DECT & VOIP SystemsRead more
Duress Alarm SystemsRead more
Intercom SystemsRead more
Nurse Call Systems & AccessoriesRead more
Personal Emergency & Medical AlarmsRead more
RTLS & RFIDRead more
Wanderer PreventionRead more
Wi-Fi NetworksRead more
Staff DuressRead more
Pagers & AccessoriesRead more
Our Healthcare Solutions combine software technology with electronic hardware to provide mission-critical functionality to Nurses and Hospital Staff. A wide range of electronic communication and annunciation (electronic signalling) systems and ancillary equipment have helped various Healthcare facilities such as –
- Hospitals and Hospices
- Aged Care Facilities and Hostels
- Dental and Day Surgeries
- Clinics and Imaging Centres
Our systems are implemented to enhance the existing routines and practices and strengthen the overall ‘Quality of Care’ that Healthcare providers strive for.
Since our inception in 1968, our experience within the Aged Care Industry lead us to the realisation that there were many instances where facilities were left with gaps in their messaging and communication packages. Many Facility Owners and Managers, Directors of Nursing (DONs), and Maintenance & Engineering Staff that we spoke to highlighted an array of issues they have experienced that resulted in poor staff and resource management and under utilisation of assets.
We have found instances where:
- Various critical systems were provided by different installation contractors and were found to be totally independent of each other. There was no integration of the systems to provide a completely seamless solution. For example, Fire Systems were not connected to the Nurse Call or Communication systems, leaving Nursing Staff open to OH&S or evacuation issues in the event of a fire alarm.
- Issues between the Nurse Call System and the Staff Pagers or PABX / DECT phone system, whereby not all Nurse Call system activations were feeding through to the Nursing Staff on duty.
- Multiple brands of Nurse Call system within a single facility and each of these system either not integrated at all or installed with very little cross-facility compatibility resulting in a breakdown of the provision of care services at the facility.
Our Aged Care Solutions combine the latest software technology with existing hardware to facilitate low cost premium patient call and messaging systems. The team at Comtel Technologies understand that alerts and alarm messages are critical to Nurses and Aged Care Staff in their roles as care providers. We have evolved to become the preferred supplier, systems integrator and maintenance provider to major Aged Care Groups and independent Aged Care Facilities across Victoria. A wide range of electronic communication and annunciation (electronic signalling) systems and ancillary equipment, including Access Control, Communication and Security Systems are available to help Aged Care Facilities run smoothly and enhance their overall ‘Quality of Care’.
Our Technical Service Team are experienced with many of the Nurse Call Systems available in Australia, including –
- Unicall by SafeCO
- Questek by Hills
- Merlon/Hills IP
We are able to integrate many of these systems into a single system with comprehensive logging and reporting. Reports can be configured for a diverse set of parameters and can be ‘pushed’ out to other systems, including mobile devices and smartphones via emails or SMS. Our strong Business Partner relationships with providers of specialised systems and services enables us to ensure that cross-system interoperability remains the main focus of system implementation within Aged Care.
Contact the Team at Comtel to discuss your facility and the ways Comtel can help.